"I feel privileged to be presenting the Asset Builder Award to Scott Fenter. I have to be honest, I was not expecting all the progress from an interim superintendent we hired just one year ago. I was hoping and expecting that we wouldn’t be going backwards. But because of Scott’s experience and instant dedication to our district, he has guided us past many hurdles and moved us forward.
Let me share just some of Scott’s accomplishments and attributes that I am most thankful for:
- Scott has increased openness in communication among board members, administrators, teachers, assistants, maintenance staff, and bus drivers. He has asked for their input as well as reaching out to community members for advice and insights.
- He has been in frequent contact with our business manager and ESD, along with all staff within the district, regarding the long term impact of the McCleary Decision and the resulting Legislative “fixes.” He has worked tirelessly to make sure we meet budget restrictions with sound educational decisions.
- He has been a dedicated mentor for our incoming superintendent Amy Huntley.
- Scott initiated the public process that led to the reconfiguration plan for the district’s buildings.
- He spearheaded the Capital Levy to greatly increase safety for our students and staff.
- Scott’s greatest guiding force is his passion for what’s best for kids in our district. He has a sense of humor, can be firm when needed, and shows compassion all while making difficult decisions.
- Some of my favorite times with Scott are when he shares his past experiences of being a teacher and principal. He has actually choked up along with moist eyes when recalling some of these experiences.
Last year, I thought we were getting a good interim superintendent. What we got instead is a person who provided a positive forward momentum within our district for the changes and challenges facing us. We are much better prepared to deal with the future because of Scott’s leadership. I am forever grateful for Scott’s guidance. We got much more than what we bargained for and I am forever grateful. The Asset Builder Award from Wellspring is most deserved.
A round of applause for Scott Fenter!